Although there are some basic differences between zirconium and laminated veneer, both methods are used in dental treatment and smile design. Both treatment methods have their own advantages and are applied with the dentist’s advice and patient approval.
The most important element in determining the method to be applied is the patient’s problems regarding the oral condition and tooth structure. The fact that zirconium may be applied in a shorter time than laminate veneer and that it covers the tooth is considered to be a main element of choice.
The laminate veneer is applied only in the front part of the teeth and applied to each tooth individually. In order to determine the method to be applied, it is necessary for the patient to undergo an examination, and the wear rate of the tooth structure and the condition of the enamel tissue on the surface to be determined. While it may be possible to apply dental bridges for missing teeth in the zirconium crown, the fact that the laminate veneer treatment is not suitable for bridge application is one of the main differences.
What Is Zirconium Crown? In Which Conditions Is It Applied?
Zirconium is similar to silver in color, it is a white solid substance. It is used in many areas thanks to its resistant structure against external elements. Zirconium, which is preferred as an infrastructure material in aesthetic dentistry applications due to its color and durability, is a prominent product in dental treatments due to its processability, not damaging the tissue, and its resistance to tension. It is often preferred in cases a satisfactory result cannot be obtained by filling and in cases where tissue loss is expected to be high. Additionally:
- In bridge and crown treatments,
- In cases where there is intense decolorizing in teeth,
- Restoring fractures that cannot be corrected with filling applications,
- If the gaps between the teeth cannot be closed with laminated veneer or different treatment methods,
- In orthodontic bracket applications.
What Are the Advantages of Zirconium Crown?
The preliminary examination and clinical analysis performed by the expert dentist aim to meet the patient’s expectations at the highest level possible. If the dentist considers zirconium suitable and the patient approves,
- The closest result to the natural tooth structure and appearance is obtained.
- It does not cause any allergic reaction.
- It adds vitality and depth to the teeth structure.
- It bonds with the natural tooth structure very well and eliminates possible aesthetic losses.
- Since it is translucent like natural teeth, it has the ability to reflect and absorb light.
- It can be used as a bridge material in cases that do not allow implant application and in missing teeth cases.
What Is Laminate Veneer? In Which Situations Is It Used?
While zirconium is a covering method that surrounds the tooth all around, laminate veneer treatment is applied only on the front of the teeth. In this treatment method, also known as porcelain veneer attached to teeth, plaques can be prepared in preferred sizes, colors, and shapes. Besides being a permanent treatment, laminate veneer treatment, which stands out as a preventive treatment method, is preferred with its high-level aesthetic appearance. After the tooth measurements are taken precisely before the laminate veneer treatment, the patient may continue his daily functions with temporary teeth. Laminated porcelains prepared in the laboratory are prepared for the use of the patient within 1 week and 10 days. Due to its firm bonding to the teeth, this treatment method offers long-term usage.
What Are the Advantages of Laminate Veneer?
Laminate veneer treatment, which is one of the most frequently demanded applications by those who care about teeth and smile aesthetics, is preferred thanks to the self-confidence and stylish appearance it provides. The advantages of laminate veneer treatment, which can be applied without any trimming the teeth may be listed as:
- Does not change color,
- Thanks to its strength and durability, it can be used for many years without deformation,
- Ability to reduce teeth stains, decolorizing, and tartar formation,
- Providing an aesthetic and stylish appearance,
- Adaptable to the natural structure of the teeth.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the lifespan of a laminate veneer?
Depending on the sensitivity of the user, the lifespan of laminated teeth can vary from 5 to 15 years.
What is the lifespan of the zirconium crown?
Periodic maintenance and checks made by the dentist extend the period of use. It may be used for many years without any deformation.
Does laminated tooth cause odor?
Laminated veneers, which are meticulously produced in private laboratories, are preferred due to their suitability to the natural tooth structure. Laminated teeth produced with high-quality products and quality workmanship do not cause any odor problems.
Is zirconium crowning harmful to health?
Zirconium crown may be used even in patients with metal allergies thanks to its adaptability with natural teeth.